Competition to design a logo for BLAST
What the competition is:
- The Minister of Education has announced a competition to select a design for a logo to represent BLAST – Bringing Live Arts to Students and Teachers –a new initiative which will enable up to 400 new arts in education residencies in schools each year.
- The aim of this scheme is to give pupils in schools all over the country the opportunity to work with a professional artist on unique projects.
- The reason for the competition is to include the voice of the student in this very important initiative in schools.
- The winning design will be adapted by a professional design team and used by the Department of Education and by schools when they are publicising BLAST.
- The winning entry will be selected by a panel of judges
- The winning entry will receive a go pro camera.
- All entries received will receive a certificate, provided by email.
- Closing date for receipt of entries is 30 September 2021 and late entries cannot be accepted.
Who can enter:
- The competition is open to any student in primary or post-primary education in Ireland.
What entries should look like:
- Your logo design must contain the word BLAST. The name BLAST will be used in both English and Irish versions of the logo. The design should not contain any additional text.
- Think about your design, because the logo will be used in both large and small sizes on various materials. Too much detailing may be lost in smaller size use, so remember that when thinking about your design.
- The logo design should work in colour as well as in black and white.
What format to design it in:
- Your logo design can be worked in any material, for example paint, pencils, acrylic, pen, or in digital format as a high-quality jpg or PDF.
- You can use colour or black and white.
Important things to remember:
- Only one entry can be submitted per person, or per group. Individuals may also be a named entrant on a group entry.
- Each email entry should clearly state the name, class and school, including school address. Please fill in the form below.
- Any paper entry should be clearly labelled on the reverse, with the name, class and school, including school address. No personal email address or personal numbers should be included on paper designs.
- The logo design must be original and must be the work of the person or group entering only.
- You cannot use anyone else’s work. By entering, you certify that the logo does not infringe the rights of any third party and is not in violation of any copyright.
- The Closing date for receipt of entries is 30 September 2021 and late entries cannot be accepted.
How to send in your entry:
Blast Logo Competition, Department Of Education, Marlborough Street, Dublin 1, D01 RC96
- Each email entry should clearly state the name, class and school, including school address. No personal addresses or personal numbers should be included.
- Paper entries should be clearly labelled on the reverse, with the name, class and school, including school address.
- No personal addresses or personal numbers should be included on paper designs.
- A judging panel will decide on the winning entry. This will include the Minister for Education, music industry leader Louis Walsh, and visual communications programme Lead, TU Dublin, Brenda Dermody.
- The decision of this committee will be final.
Use of the winning logo
- The winning logo will be worked on by a professional designer so that it can be adapted for use in design computer programmes.
- The winning entry will become the sole property of the Department of Education for use at its discretion.
- By submitting an entry, applicants accept all competition guidelines and agree to be bound by them.
- It will not be possible for entries to be returned by the Department of Education to entrants.