Izak9 Community of Practice for Primary Schools
Izak9 is a unique, radical and innovative maths resource from Qubizm, a company with more than 25 years experience in the teaching and learning of mathematics. It is an immersive, multi-media rich, active learning device designed for use by children in Primary and Post Primary schools and for the delivery of teachers’ personal and professional development training.
Galway Education Centre have acquired 4 sets of kits for schools and we are inviting applications to participate in a community of practice. Four schools will be selected to participate and have access to the kits for use in their school until the end of this school year. There may be a possibility that the same community of practice continues in the 2019/2020 school year, with schools permitted to hold onto the kits.
We are asking each school taking part in the Izaq9 community of practice to commit to the following:
- 2 teachers from the school to take part in a training session in Galway Education Centre in January 2019.
- The 2 teachers are to undertake training of your staff to upskill them in the use of Izaq9.
- Commit to using Izaq9 with a minimum of 3 class levels.
- 2 teachers from the school to visit Galway Education Centre for 2 community of practice meetings between February and June, 2019.
- Submit a short report with some pictures on the impact Izaq9 has made on teaching and learning in your school and agree that the report can be shared publicly via our website or other methods.
If you are interested in participating please complete this online form before Friday, Dec 14th.