NEPS: Introducing Trauma informed practice – the stress factor getting the balance right for School Leaders Webinar
This training focuses on a whole school and class approach to Trauma Informed practice.
It explores stress and its impact on wellbeing learning and behaviour. It provides practical advice on how best to manage stress for all in the school community including children and young people with additional needs and those who have experienced trauma.
Having completed this course school leaders will have gained an insight into:
· how stress affects learning and wellbeing
· the impact of adversity on the ability to tolerate stress
· the impact of prolonged stress on health and wellbeing
· recognising how stress may be expressed through behaviour
· what school staff can do to identify, prevent and minimize possible sources of stress in the school environment
· how school staff can support children and young people who have become dysregulated due to stress
· the importance of recognising and managing their own sources of stress and that of staff
School leaders will be given information on a new eLearning course which has been developed to allow for self-directed, self-paced learning for all staff.
|Course Start Date / Time||09-10-2023 3:15 pm|