Data Protection Policy
Galway Education Centre fully respects your right to privacy, and will not collect any personal information about you without your express permission.
Any personal information which you communicate to the Galway Education Centre will be treated with the highest standards of security and confidentiality, strictly in accordance with the Data Protection Acts, 1988 & 2003.
Collection and use of personal information
Galway Education Centre does not collect any personal data about you, apart from information which you communicate to us (for example by enrolling for a course or submitting a claim for travel expenses).
CESC does not make any personal information available to any third parties.
Your information is used by the Centre only for the purpose for which you provided it
Your information is retained only for as long as it is necessary for that purpose.
Our processes may include appropriate anonymisation of personal data after a defined period if there is a need to retain non-personal data, e.g. for statistical purposes.
Your rights regarding data supplied
You have a right under Freedom of Information legislation to be given a copy of your personal data which you may have supplied to the Centre.
If you discover that this office holds inaccurate information about you, you have a right to instruct Galway Education Centre to correct that information.
In certain circumstances you may also request that data which you have supplied be deleted, e.g. if the purpose for which you provided it has ceased.
Records held include:
- School names, roll numbers, phone numbers, email addresses, principals’ names, number of teachers on staff, number of Special Needs Assistants, Learning and Resource teachers attached to schools.
- National programme in-service sessions and rolls of teachers attending.
- Reading Recovery in-service sessions and rolls of teachers attending.
- Local, summer and ICT courses organised and rolls of teachers attending.
- Names and contact details of personnel delivering courses and in-service sessions.
- Evaluation of all courses.
- Participant Travel Expense Claim forms submitted for reimbursement by attendees at courses.
- Financial records of all Education Centre activities.
- Names and contact details of the Special Education Service (SESS) team.
- Schools and teachers attending SESS seminars.
- Record of all financial activities of SESS.
- Minutes of SESS Steering Committee.
- Minutes of Management Committee meetings and Director’s reports to these.
- Audited annual accounts.
- Annual report of Centre activities.
Paddy Clancy – Freedom of Information Officer
Galway Education Centre
Cluain Mhuire Wellpark Galway
For more information on Data Protection and Freedom of Information legislation, visit: